Beating them at their own game!

This month is the European Football Cup, kind of like the world cup in that it's only held every four years. Sixteen European countries qualify, and there's a game almost every night for all of June.
The people at work are so into this tournament that they entered us into an online pool with a radio station in Berlin, and everyone gave 3 Euro to enter. I thought it would be fun and make it more interesting to watch the games by entering new bets each morning for the game that night, and that it would not hurt to throw in 3 Euro for the eventual winner.
Well, to my surprise and that of my colleagues, I'm currently ahead in the pool after almost 10 days of games. I have no idea how I'm doing this except that I have no 'football baggage' in that I have no sentimental favorites or would feel any guilt over betting on a favorite team. Each day someone comes into my office and makes a comment about how the 'Ami' is beating them at their own game...if only I could do this in sports back home!

This month is the European Football Cup, kind of like the world cup in that it's only held every four years. Sixteen European countries qualify, and there's a game almost every night for all of June.
The people at work are so into this tournament that they entered us into an online pool with a radio station in Berlin, and everyone gave 3 Euro to enter. I thought it would be fun and make it more interesting to watch the games by entering new bets each morning for the game that night, and that it would not hurt to throw in 3 Euro for the eventual winner.
Well, to my surprise and that of my colleagues, I'm currently ahead in the pool after almost 10 days of games. I have no idea how I'm doing this except that I have no 'football baggage' in that I have no sentimental favorites or would feel any guilt over betting on a favorite team. Each day someone comes into my office and makes a comment about how the 'Ami' is beating them at their own game...if only I could do this in sports back home!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home