Geschafft!!
"Managed!!"
Now that it's been almost a month, I figured that it's best to get all of you caught up with everything that Erin and I have accomplished in the last couple of weeks.
Part of the reason that we haven't gotten a posting in lately is because sooooo much has been in the works.
Erin
•• Interview with the University of Colorado (Boulder)
After a long wait -- Erin submitted her applications for 3 schools in October -- Erin was called just before we left for the states and asked to interview with CU. Changing her ticket so that she could stay in Colorado for a little longer, Erin survived the gruelling 2-day interview pretty well. Aside from the standard "Job Talk" that is expected from any applicant, Erin also put together material to teach a POE (predict, observe, explain) to a class of graduate students.
We should hear something from CU in 2 weeks time, so keep your fingers crossed.
In the meantime, Erin is preparring for another round with the University of California Santa Barbara that will take place in early February.
•• Erin has other things that have been in the works and nearing completion. However, so as to not steal her thunder, I'll let her post about them as she gets some time.
Dave
•• Test DaF
The test results for the 6-8 hour German proficiency test I took in November came in early January. Though they aren't quite perfect, it turns out that I did pretty well.
Lesenverstehen 5/5
(Reading Comprehension)
Hörverstehen 5/5
(Listening Comprehension)
Schriflicher Ausdruck 5/5
(Written Expression)
Mundlicher Ausdruck 4/5
(Oral Expression)
•• Application for the Fachhochschule
Aside from givingsomething to do during the days, I was actually studying to pass the test DaF because I thought I might need it in order to apply for a Master's program here in Berlin. After looking at all of the business programs at the 3 public universities, 2 private schools, and 3 business schools I found a program that matched my desires. So with lots of help I completed and turned in my application for the Master's in International Management, specializing in Finance & Accounting to the Berlin School of Economics.

Update: I went to drop of the copy of my high school diploma (wbearingring that has on my work as a graduate student, I have no idea...but hey it's Germany) yesterday. While probing around to see how stiff the competition is (double the applications from the year prior), what changes are expected in the program (lots, getting stiffer about the pre-requisites), and when I might get a response about my application...the admin just blurted out: "You're in. I just needed to see the diploma." So, it looks like I'll be headed back to school in April and be sticking with it for the next 3 semesters.
"Managed!!"
Now that it's been almost a month, I figured that it's best to get all of you caught up with everything that Erin and I have accomplished in the last couple of weeks.
Part of the reason that we haven't gotten a posting in lately is because sooooo much has been in the works.
Erin
•• Interview with the University of Colorado (Boulder)
After a long wait -- Erin submitted her applications for 3 schools in October -- Erin was called just before we left for the states and asked to interview with CU. Changing her ticket so that she could stay in Colorado for a little longer, Erin survived the gruelling 2-day interview pretty well. Aside from the standard "Job Talk" that is expected from any applicant, Erin also put together material to teach a POE (predict, observe, explain) to a class of graduate students.
We should hear something from CU in 2 weeks time, so keep your fingers crossed.
In the meantime, Erin is preparring for another round with the University of California Santa Barbara that will take place in early February.
•• Erin has other things that have been in the works and nearing completion. However, so as to not steal her thunder, I'll let her post about them as she gets some time.
Dave
•• Test DaF
The test results for the 6-8 hour German proficiency test I took in November came in early January. Though they aren't quite perfect, it turns out that I did pretty well.
Lesenverstehen 5/5
(Reading Comprehension)
Hörverstehen 5/5
(Listening Comprehension)
Schriflicher Ausdruck 5/5
(Written Expression)
Mundlicher Ausdruck 4/5
(Oral Expression)
•• Application for the Fachhochschule
Aside from givingsomething to do during the days, I was actually studying to pass the test DaF because I thought I might need it in order to apply for a Master's program here in Berlin. After looking at all of the business programs at the 3 public universities, 2 private schools, and 3 business schools I found a program that matched my desires. So with lots of help I completed and turned in my application for the Master's in International Management, specializing in Finance & Accounting to the Berlin School of Economics.

Update: I went to drop of the copy of my high school diploma (wbearingring that has on my work as a graduate student, I have no idea...but hey it's Germany) yesterday. While probing around to see how stiff the competition is (double the applications from the year prior), what changes are expected in the program (lots, getting stiffer about the pre-requisites), and when I might get a response about my application...the admin just blurted out: "You're in. I just needed to see the diploma." So, it looks like I'll be headed back to school in April and be sticking with it for the next 3 semesters.

1 Comments:
Congrats to you both, we know it was a lot of work! JAM
Post a Comment
<< Home