31 Flavors
Boys will be boys, and so will a lot of middle-aged men.
Kin Hubbard (1868 - 1930)

Last night we celebrated yet another year of my life passing. Far from the dirge that tends to follow every birthday between 30 and 40, we had a blast partying my 31st.
OK, so the stupid exam in International Strategy at 10 AM was a little rude -- especially for an American with a summer birthday. Until yesterday, I could confidently swear that I never had to take a major test on my b-day. The worst part of this is that I am pretty damn sure that I completely butchered one of the essays, mixing two theories together that arguably should never be mixed. Oh well.
Classmates: Anika & Judith (Berliners)
The day continued (as does life) and I caught up with some of our Berlin friends for some good old fashioned carb loading: beer (belgian), nachos, fries, and doughnuts. Man's true best friends. We ambled around Orianenbuger Straße in Berlin's Mitte area checking out the passers-by and local kneipen (said like "cn-i-pen" with a long i).
Classmate: Natalia (Poland)
Perhaps I should say a quick something about "the passers-by". To be sure, in this area there is some good people watching...like watching the prostitutes walking the streets and the Johns approaching them for business. Unlike the completely seedy scene that is conjured up in most Americans' minds, this whole thing takes place in front of the Synagogue an a extremely nice part of town. So, it's just kinda funny to sit there and watch the whole encounter while watching the other wackies of Berlin walk by.
Bukas: Adrian & Jessica
Speaking of booty (while we're on the topic), I have to say that I made out like a bandit. Between the nice barware that Tom & Kay got me, the secret gift from Mom & Dad, and the new iPod that Erin got me...I'm sittin' pretty.
Anyway, in the brightness of birthday cheer here's a toast to all of you and the adventures that the next year will bring all of us!
Boys will be boys, and so will a lot of middle-aged men.
Kin Hubbard (1868 - 1930)

Last night we celebrated yet another year of my life passing. Far from the dirge that tends to follow every birthday between 30 and 40, we had a blast partying my 31st.
OK, so the stupid exam in International Strategy at 10 AM was a little rude -- especially for an American with a summer birthday. Until yesterday, I could confidently swear that I never had to take a major test on my b-day. The worst part of this is that I am pretty damn sure that I completely butchered one of the essays, mixing two theories together that arguably should never be mixed. Oh well.
Classmates: Anika & Judith (Berliners)The day continued (as does life) and I caught up with some of our Berlin friends for some good old fashioned carb loading: beer (belgian), nachos, fries, and doughnuts. Man's true best friends. We ambled around Orianenbuger Straße in Berlin's Mitte area checking out the passers-by and local kneipen (said like "cn-i-pen" with a long i).
Classmate: Natalia (Poland)

Perhaps I should say a quick something about "the passers-by". To be sure, in this area there is some good people watching...like watching the prostitutes walking the streets and the Johns approaching them for business. Unlike the completely seedy scene that is conjured up in most Americans' minds, this whole thing takes place in front of the Synagogue an a extremely nice part of town. So, it's just kinda funny to sit there and watch the whole encounter while watching the other wackies of Berlin walk by.
Bukas: Adrian & Jessica

Speaking of booty (while we're on the topic), I have to say that I made out like a bandit. Between the nice barware that Tom & Kay got me, the secret gift from Mom & Dad, and the new iPod that Erin got me...I'm sittin' pretty.
Anyway, in the brightness of birthday cheer here's a toast to all of you and the adventures that the next year will bring all of us!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home