"If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."
Dave and I hit the road this past weekend to visit our friends Jennifer and Doug, who recently moved to Trier. It would have been quite expensive to take the train, so we decided to rent a car. And while we were at it, we splurged a bit - in the form of a BMW 3-series coupe convertible. Usually nice cars are the kind of thing that Dave appreciates much more than me, but it was seriously comfortable to ride in, and - in contrast to our last road excursion in an Opel - Dave was able to take advantage of the Autobahn.

I won't say exactly how fast we got going at some points. Dave pointed out that we passed a Ferrari and a Maserati on the way there, but I found it best to close my eyes and feign sleep (which, of course, turned into real sleep) during the really fast parts. It was just great to look over and see the smile on his face.


Once we arrived, we both enjoyed catching up with Jennifer and Doug, who we miss terribly since they moved away from Berlin. They have a great apartment right near the Romanesque/Gothic double cathedral in Trier, so we were about to walk around the city and taste some delicious Mosel wine.

Dave and I hit the road this past weekend to visit our friends Jennifer and Doug, who recently moved to Trier. It would have been quite expensive to take the train, so we decided to rent a car. And while we were at it, we splurged a bit - in the form of a BMW 3-series coupe convertible. Usually nice cars are the kind of thing that Dave appreciates much more than me, but it was seriously comfortable to ride in, and - in contrast to our last road excursion in an Opel - Dave was able to take advantage of the Autobahn.
I won't say exactly how fast we got going at some points. Dave pointed out that we passed a Ferrari and a Maserati on the way there, but I found it best to close my eyes and feign sleep (which, of course, turned into real sleep) during the really fast parts. It was just great to look over and see the smile on his face.
Once we arrived, we both enjoyed catching up with Jennifer and Doug, who we miss terribly since they moved away from Berlin. They have a great apartment right near the Romanesque/Gothic double cathedral in Trier, so we were about to walk around the city and taste some delicious Mosel wine.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home