&&ot Unser Jahr in Deutschland

Thursday, May 18, 2006


The First Box.

In May 2005, Dave and I traveled to Berlin to visit Gayle, and then to Regensburg to visit our friends Stefan and Angela. On our first day in Berlin we fell in love with the city together, and over a Turkish dinner with Gayle and her friends Tina and Ufuk we decided to try to move to Berlin. Gayle encouraged me to apply for a Humboldt Chancellor Scholarship, and amazingly I was awarded one on February 14th of 2006. So our dream came true - Dave and I will be moving to Germany for 14 months on June 30.

Almost exactly a year after our last trip we're beginning the process of packing our things - who knew we had accumulated so much stuff? I'm going to Berlin for a meeting and will spend the weekend with Stefan and Angela. Thus...our first box of things for Germany will go with me: Coats, winter clothes, hats, wool socks, and a few scarves. It feels strange putting things in a box and shipping them off to Germany...suddenly the dream feels very real!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home